HWTN for the first time is now offering an online membership sign-up option.
To join or renew your membership, click here and choose to register and pay either online or by mail.
Either way, please consider supporting your neighborhood be being an Historic Water Tower Neighborhood member for 2014. Now’s the time to join or renew your annual membership.
Founded in 1973, HWTN recently turned 40, making us one of Milwaukee’s oldest neighborhood groups. Benefits of membership include:
- Keeping up with neighborhood issues and supporting efforts to preserve our historic area.
- Hearing dynamic speakers and meeting neighbors at our monthly meetings.
- Receiving agendas and minutes of monthly meetings in advance.
- Receiving and be included in our annual Membership Directory.
- Being able to attend member events including the annual holiday party.
- Being eligible to become a HWTN officer, trustee and / or committee member.
- Receiving a complimentary copy of “The Heritage Guidebook,” an out-of-print guide by architectural historian Russell Zimmermann to Milwaukee landmarks, including many in the HWTN.
Our board and committees monitor proposed zoning revisions, commercial development and safety and quality-of-life issues. We communicate regularly with elected officials, representatives of law enforcement, businesses, UWM, and other neighborhood associations about proposed changes affecting the East Side.
HWTN also arranges cultural and social events and supports community initiatives, such as our recent partnership with UWM’s School of Architecture and Urban Planning on their summer field study of the North Point area.
HWTN meetings begin at 7 p.m. on the first Wednesday of the month, except July, August and December, in the Marcia Coles Community Room of the Lake Park Pavilion (below Lake Park Bistro). A featured speaker or program usually kicks off our board meeting. Come between 6:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. and join us for mingling time, with refreshments.
Please considering renewing or joining. More info on our website page on membership. We hope you’ll be part of HWTN’s new year.